Monday, April 7, 2008

Another Monday

This last month of Mondays has been really bad for me. It's like I go to bed upset about something on Sunday night and I wake up in a worse funk than I went to sleep with.

The other night, Bella woke up in the middle of the night terrified. We think it was a spiritual attack because it's completely out of the ordinary for her to wake up in the middle of the night; let alone to wake up and be inconsolably scared.

I looked up "spiritual attack" online this morning and it talked about two main groups of people who get attacked...new believers and effective believers. I am married to an effective believer. This article discussed the means of attack coming through the people closest to them...friends who accuse them or hurt them, leaders who abandon them, etc., etc. So as all this has been marinating in my brain, I can't help but wonder if these "funks" or "bad moods" I've been having are a means of attack on my husband.

I don't spend a lot of time in "the Word". Neither do I spend a lot of time in "meditative prayer". I struggle with turning to food instead of God when my negative feelings get the best of me. I am, by no means, the strongest person I know.

What does any of this mean? Well, I can tell you that I know we are up against a sly opponent. I can tell you that I know there is work to be thwarted and that my family has been called to said work.

I can also tell you that Mondays are my husbands day off.

Coincidence?

Hmmm...I doubt it.

1 comment:

Carey said...

All I can say is keep praying and laying your heart before the Lord.
Just acknowledgeing that you are under attack is HUGE!!
I will continue to pray for you and Christopher...