Friday, December 12, 2008

Cleanse Days 1 & 2

This is pretty much how I felt most of the day yesterday:

HEADACHE!!! Pictures, Images and Photos

I've fasted before, but this really is different. I guess all that freshly squeezed lemon juice helps clean my insides just like it cleans everything else in my house.

It takes me about 1/2 hour each morning to prepare my "lemonaid". First I have to squeeze all the lemons (about 7 or 8), then measure the syrup and the cayenne pepper, pour it all into the pitcher and add water up to the 2L line. Then drink. All day long.

I'm learning that part of my problem is that I've stopped drinking enough water. I used to drink a ton of water, but after yesterday, I'm pretty sure that I need to be drinking more. Of course, my other problem is that I can eat an entire box of cookies at one time. That being said, I'm formulating some goals for when I begin eating again. I'm not sure if I want to share them or not yet (or at all) since it's such a personal thing right now, but I can say that I only want to reintroduce things that are healthy and helpful for my body. I also want to make cleansing a regular habit so that if I start to fall into unhealthy habits, I have a check system built into my schedule.

With that being said, I will not go pour another glass of lemonaid and drink it as quickly as I can.

Side note: For those of you concerned for my lower half, it really hasn't been bad at all. I haven't had to worry about all those warnings I've read about being close to a toilet at all times. Not yet anyway. Maybe my body is different and that will all kick in tonight or tomorrow. We'll see. For now, I'm happily sitting on my chair and not my toilet.

No comments: