Saturday, November 8, 2008

Training Day 4

I woke up this morning questioning whether or not I would even run. After all, it is Saturday. Well, not only did I run, but I decided to see if this training thing is really working by starting off with running as far as my body wanted to go. Well, my body made it for about 10 minutes, from my place to Woodruff Ave (for those of you who happen to be familiar with the area). Then I completed my time with my normal walk-run routine. I shaved some time off of yesterday (I ran the same course), but I added to my running by about 3-4 minutes. Go me!

I know it's only grace and a good attitude that got me to this place this morning, but I hope that I can make these same choices day-by-day as the weeks wear on. Not only up until the Turkey Trot, but for the rest of my life.

Rock in stream Pictures, Images and Photos
"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverence."
-H. Jackson Brown

No comments: