Wednesday, July 23, 2008

100 push-ups

Well, I'm a little behind everyone else, but I just finished Day 2 of the 100 Push-up Challenge. Yay me! In way of update and shared experience, I offer the following:

After the first day, my abs did hurt more than my arms and, right now, if my forearms felt like the top of my arms and shoulders, I wouldn't be typing. There are 5 sets to complete. Then they lay out a minimum number to do for your last set, but you're supposed to eek out as many push-ups as you can at the end. I made it to the middle of number 18 and collapsed. I was grunting. I felt like one of those over-muscled guys at the gym who grunt loudly with every rep before angrily dropping the weights like it's somehow the weight's fault that they've pushed themselves to the point of painful fatigue.

And if I keep pushing, maybe I'll start to look like one of those guys at the gym. Or just a mom with a little less flab.

No comments: