Friday, July 11, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Our flight from New Orleans got in at 10:40ish on Sunday and I haven't stopped since! The rest of our trip was great. We got to spend some time in the French Quarter shopping at the Market, eating some more wonderful food (I couldn't believe how much a group of girls packed away in a week's time!), and debriefing what turned out to be an amazing week.

I was glad to get home to my family...especially to the above face. :o) I had Sunday to relax, swim, do laundry, etc. before my cousin flew in on Monday morning. Even though I was still exhausted from New Orleans, I wouldn't have traded her visit for the world. We haven't spent much time together since I went to New Orleans back in 2002...then her Mom died a couple years later and we stopped talking almost completely until the last 8 months. I've missed her and it was good to catch up. We spent some time at Venice Beach, Huntington Beach, Long Beach (we did the coastal tour of LA and Orange Counties) and the Queen Mary. We took her to La Creperie, which she was very grateful for. :o) And most importantly, she got to be around Bella for a few days. It's hard sometimes to be so far from family, so when Bella gets to spend time with the people I grew up around, I am very thankful.

Julie left yesterday and now it's time to get back to real life...at least until I head to Kenya the end of next month! Pray for us as we turn in more applications for apartments in Long Beach and as all the transition continues at Revolution. I don't know if I'll ever feel "settled" again...sometimes it feels like that's an idea of the past. But I really hope that we can find a place we can call home and really enjoy our neighborhood and our neighbors.

For now, I'll look at that little face and listen to Jack Johnson to remind me to be happy where I'm at. :o)

No comments: