Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Am I in High School again?

I used to have a really bad habit of hitting the snooze button for an hour + before ever getting out of bed in the morning. For the last few years, I'd, for the most part, kicked that habit. I was down to about 20 minutes. I thought that was acceptable.

Until last week. For some reason, for the last week I've decided that it's a good habit to pick up again. So this morning, my alarm started going off at 6. I did not roll out of bed until 7. I think if anyone spoke to me right now, I might bite their head off (another habit from the good ol' days). I'm still exhausted, my head kinda hurts and I just want to crawl back into bed.

I have a severe lack of motivation and that has GOT to change. Yesterday I did manage to get a few things done around the house and Bella and I played together and read books. So today, my goal is to successfully care for my child and make it to all my appointments (Doctor for Bella, lunch with NOLA girls, teach, pick up baby and husband, equipping nights) and to do my 2nd day of the 100 push-up challenge. Dishes can wait. cleaning? Laundry (perpetual)? Working out (for real)? Not today, my friends. Today is a bare minimum simply make it through what is already planned out kinda day. There might even be some fast food involved for dinner (blah).

And I can assure you there will be a double shot of something involved this morning.

I'm talking espresso, people.

No comments: